So what brought us to NY? Well I was there already for work doing the 5K Foam Fest event. It went great and I'm SO relieved it's over. Largest event I've put on it - we had nearly 6,000 people. And in two weeks I'm gonna do it all again in Seattle!
So after the event, Thomas flew into the JFK airport and our little vacation began! We had 3.5 days and here's what we did with it:
Our hotel street in Greenwich - so delightful!
Day One:
Doughtnut Plant for breakfast (I had heard they are one of the top doughnut places in NY, and they'd better be good since they were $3 a piece! Yikes!)
Walk along the Hudson River Park/destination to Battery Park
Our first sighting of the Statue of Liberty (little tiny figure on the R of Thomas). Thomas was pretty excited. Unfortunately she was closed (because of Hurricane Sandy) and was reopening like 5 days after we left! Bummer. Guess we'll have to go back :)
So we took a boat tour to get a close up of Lady Liberty
Met up with Uncle Paul who walked with us across the Brooklyn Bridge.
Thomas lookin' handsome
Beautiful views of Manhattan from Brooklyn
Day Two:
Had a late start (meaning we slept in :) and got a falafel and shawarma for lunch - SO GOOD.
It was Thomas' first time trying it and he liked it!
My first one since Jerusalem! Gosh I just want one RIGHT NOW.
Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre
Times Square Fun (Hershey store, M&M store, Disney store, Toys R Us)
Went to an exhibit called "The Art of the Brick" - all Lego sculptures - pretty cool! We couldn't take pictures in the exhibit (or we definitely would have!) Check the artist out: http://brickartist.com/
Went to the "Top of the Rock" (Rockefeller Center)
Day Three:
On our way to get our bike rentals near Central Park
Had so much fun! This was my favorite part of the whole trip. Loved all the green, the breeze in my face, the relaxed riding pace. And it was so darn pretty!
Walked 5th Ave (and widow browsed of course). Though we did stop by the Lindt store and enjoy some chocolate! Boy do I love their truffles!! Everything else on 5th Ave was not even slightly tempting. $500 for a purse? I'd rather spend it on Legos or something. I guess everyone has their own priorities!
FAO Schwarz toy store
Manhattan Temple (we didn't go inside but I wanted to see it!)
Day Four:
American Museum of Natural History (also where they filmed "Night at the Museum" which we just watched today!).
The grounds around the museum - I can't get over the prettiness!!
No comments:
Post a Comment