"life itself is the most wonderful fairytale"
-hans christian anderson

Monday, January 30, 2012

Clean Shaven, Post Grad, & lots of Cookin'


It's what you've been waiting for....the clean shaven Thomas Mann.
Not many men can pull off a beard and look attractive, and be clean shaven and attractive too. But this one can.




I received my diploma in the mail a couple weeks ago! It's official!
My cute husband got us a little treat to celebrate
(I like crunchy while he likes puffy, but we both love jones :)

The other day...I discovered that Menchies is in Utah! Thomas and I had a little treat (sorry for the sideways pictures...it just uploads that way sometimes!) Forget Yogurtland, FroZone, Spoon Me, or Spoon It Up. Menchies is where its at. And I love the spoons! Aren't they cute?

I bought a ton of pears from Costco, made some pear crisp! (and thought of Candace the whole time - we LOVE pears)

I found a delicious recipe for shortbread logs, so I took it a step further and made them raspberry thumbprint cookies - such buttery goodness!

We got a lovely surprise in the mail today: Jen sent us homemade hot fudge! It's divine! I immediately got out the vanilla ice cream and tried some on top: SO GOOD. Thanks Jen! That was so"sweet" of you :) And we smiled at the envelope too :)


I made lemon blueberry cheesecake cookies I found on pinterest (just got an account - so many good recipes on there!) - you make the dough and then put a bit of cream cheese wrapped in it. Check out the recipe here:

I put this one up for Tami! We have made this delicious breakfast multiple times! Thomas introduced it to me when we first started dating - told me it was his favorite breakfast his mom made growing up. You're probably asking, what the heck is in it?? Well I shall tell you: eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, sour cream, and olives. Wrap it up in a burrito and you're set. It's SO good. One of our specialty breakfasts!
(thanks mom for the "I love you" blanket. I love you too.)

I have really been enjoying my amazing keyboard! I LOVE it - all 88 keys, weighted, and the sound is beautiful. One of the nicest gifts I've ever received (graduation gift from my mom).
One of my few goals this year is to compose 6 songs. I have one completely done, and a couple more I'm working on. Maybe I'll eventually put them up...

No comments:

Post a Comment