"life itself is the most wonderful fairytale"
-hans christian anderson

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Whirlwind

My goodness.  A lot has happened in the last couple months! To summarize:

-I lost my job mid July (company went bankrupt and I got pretty screwed over in the process).  I'm still pissed about it and how they handled the situation so I try not and think about it.  You've gotta learn where to put your energy and I sure ain't wasting it on that company!
*On the bright side, I did end with my last event in Seattle and got to spend time with family (and had my 25th birthday in the process), so that was nice.  I've been really lucky to have traveled home so frequently. Seattle and family are the best!

The gorgeous cake my mom made for my quarter of a century celebration!



-Sisters Cathy and Jen (and families) came to visit in July and August- so fun!  We did Timpanogas Caves with Cathy and kids, and hung out with Jen and the family in Salt Lake (and of course took them to the Pie to delight in their amazing cheesy bread and pizza).


Doesn't Thomas look happy...

Sisters! I get told I look most like Jen (I hope that means I also get her youthful "10 years younger" look!)



-We hiked Mt. Timpanogas! This has been on our Utah list for a while.  We first attempted it in the fall, but had to turn back due to bad luck of it being the first snowfall of the year! We were so close too - made it up to Emerald Lake.  We have made other attempts as well only to find the forecast scheduled for lightning, so we've kept rescheduling.  So glad we did it in early August - it was beautiful and there were so many wildflowers and goats!





-We went to Cambodia! So much fun - we felt like true Indiana Jones explorers!  Many times we had the entire temples to ourselves.  It was seriously rad.  And we already want to go back!




-And the latest - I got a job (finally!).  After seriously submitting nearly 100 applications, I scored an amazing job at Magleby's Restaurant, where I will be working as the day manager and helping coordinate and schedule catering for their events (as well as attending them!).  I'm excited to learn the ropes (and to finally be off of unemployment!)
They are known for their amazing chocolate cake


1 comment: